Last Updated: 19 February 2021

Scheme for Relief Executive and Administrative Staff (REAS)

Under the Scheme for REAS, you will be deployed to schools or MOE HQ branches on a short-term basis to meet their temporary manpower needs. Learn more about the role and how to apply.


REAS is engaged to meet ad-hoc and short-term manpower needs of schools and MOE HQ branches in the areas of administration and operations. Each appointment is less than 3 months of at least 4.25 hours per day. Generally, there are no service benefits due to the short duration of appointment.

Roles and responsibilities

As a REAS, you will provide support to the schools or MOE HQ branches in various administration and operations areas such as frontline service, general administration, logistics and estate management. The following positions are available for application:

  • Relief Administration Manager or HQ (graduate-entry) position
  • Relief Operations Manager or HQ (diploma-entry) position
  • Relief Administrative Executive or HQ (diploma-entry) position
  • Relief Corporate Support Officer or HQ (non-diploma entry) position
  • Relief Technical Support Officer
  • Relief Operations Support Officer


You can apply anytime throughout the year. Follow these steps:

  1. Submit your application through the Registration and Engagement Management System (REMS 2.0) portal.
  2. Check your application status via REMS 2.0. Applications may take up to 4 weeks to process.
  3. If successful, you will be listed in our registry. Schools or MOE HQ branches will contact you directly if they need your services. You may also search job postings for vacancies in schools or MOE HQ. Successful registration in REMS 2.0 does not guarantee employment in schools or MOE HQ.
Note: Registration is valid for 2 years. You can submit an application to renew your registration 3 months before the expiry date. If you do not renew your registration, you will be removed from the registry.

Help and support

Refer to the user guides on REMS 2.0 portal if you need more information on how to submit your application, update your personal particulars etc. If you have other queries, such as about salary and CPF payments, you may send us your queries using the REMS enquiry form.