The MOE Pre-University Scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Education to top students who have achieved outstanding academic results and excelled in co-curricular and other activities.
- Be Singapore Citizens or non-Citizens with at least one parent who is a Singapore Citizen;
- Have done consistently well in school and obtained an aggregate of not more than 8 points in the GCE O-Level Examination for English + High Mother Tongue / Mother Tongue + 5 relevant subjects (as in the Pre-University Admission Criteria) / equivalent results based on the IP school’s internal assessment;
- Have a very good record of co-curricular activities;
- Have good conduct record; and
- Not currently be in receipt of any other MOE scholarship (except EESIS, ESIP and ESIS).
Selection for Scholarship Awards
IP Candidates (including IP DSA Candidates)
2019 application is now closed. 2020 application will open for IP candidates in October/November 2019.
Completed IP applications will be forwarded to their respective IP Schools/JCs for nomination/recommendation. IP candidates nominated/recommended by their IP Schools/JCs will be invited for the scholarship selection interviews.
Results of the scholarship selection for IP candidates will be announced by August. Please note that only successful candidates will be notified.
Non-IP Candidates (including Non-IP DSA Candidates)
2019 application is now closed. 2020 application will open for Non-IP candidates after the official release of the GCE O-Level Examination results in January 2020.
Non-IP candidates will be selected for the scholarship selection interview based on their GCE O-Level Examinations results.
Results of the scholarship selection for Non-IP candidates will be announced by August. Please note that only successful candidates will be notified.
Terms & Conditions
The scholarship provides an allowance of $750 per annum. It also covers school fees based on Singapore Citizens’ rates, subject to an annual cap of $2,400. It is tenable for 2 years, subject to satisfactory progress at the end of JC1 and good conduct. Successful applicants are not required to enter into a bond to serve the Singapore Government.