The application period for Academic Year 2019 ASEAN Scholarships for Thailand is from 14 March 2018 (9.00 a.m.) to 11 May 2018 (10.00 p.m.) Thailand Time.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarships is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
If you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 Level for the academic year of 2019, you are welcome to apply.
If you meet the following criteria, you are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Thailand
- Born between 2000 to 2001
- Mathayom 3 and 4 or Mathayom 4 and 5 final year results with a Grade Point Average of 3 and above
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficient in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities (which are subject to changes) are:
|Activity ||Date |
|Application Period ||14 March to 11 May 2018 |
|Selection Test and Interview ||July 2018 |
|Award of Scholarship ||September 2018 |
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore ||January 2019 |
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Please submit your application online via the online application system . If you encounter difficulties during the application process, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. However, if you do not have internet access, you may obtain the hard copy form from the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok or Thailand Ministry of Education.
- Singapore Embassy in Bangkok
129 South Sathorn Road
Tel: 02 2862 111
- Thailand Ministry of Education
Ratchadamnoen Nok Rd
Alternatively, you may also print out a copy of the application form.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date on 11 May 2018.