A declaration of alternative child-care arrangements is required for parents who wish to register their child using the address of the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling. i.e. caregiver, and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice.
- Both parents are working full-time at the time the declaration is made; and
- The child is under the care of a grandparent or a parent’s sibling.
Declaration Details & Required Documents
Step 1: Download and complete two declaration forms (one form for the caregiver and one form for the child’s parents):
Step 2: One parent is required to submit both declaration forms and necessary documents in-person at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 July 2019 (Monday) to 1 August 2019 (Thursday) at the following periods (i) 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays and (ii) 9.00am to 12 noon on Saturdays.
The caregiver does not need to be physically present at MOE CSC.
In addition to the two completed forms, parents are to bring along the originals of the following documents:
- Identity card of both parents
- Identity card of the caregiver i.e. child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling
- Birth certificate of the child to be registered for admission to school
- Documents to prove the relationship between the parent and the child’s grandparent or the parent’s sibling:
- Birth Certificate; and
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- Photocopies of the passport / NRIC / overseas employment letter for parent/s who are currently overseas
If a declaration of alternative child-care arrangements is made and balloting is required, children who are registered using either the grandparent’s or the parent’s sibling’s address and residing within 1 km or between 1 km and 2 km from the school of choice are placed together with the other children of the same citizenship residing between 1 km and 2 km from the school. MOE HQ will centrally conduct the computerised balloting.
In addition, a child who gains priority admission into a school through distance category (including the eligibility to be balloted within those distance category) based on the child’s grandparent or parent’s sibling’s address is required to continue with the child-care arrangement at the address used for registration for at least 30 months, from the commencement of the Primary One Registration Exercise on 3 July 2019. If this condition is subsequently not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the basis of the priority admission to the first school is the declared address used for registration.