The JAE registration is now closed.
The posting results are scheduled to be released on 31 January 2019.
What is the Joint Admissions Exercise?
The Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) is conducted annually by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to allow Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level certificate holders to apply for admission to courses offered by:
- Junior Colleges (JC)
- Millennia Institute (MI)
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
Who can participate in the 2019 Joint Admissions Exercise?
For 2019 Joint Admissions Exercise, the following candidates are eligible to participate except those who have been successfully admitted to a school through the Direct School Admission-Junior Colleges (DSA-JC) Exercise / Polytechnic Early Admissions Exercise (Poly EAE) / ITE Early Admissions Exercise (ITE EAE).
- All Singapore Citizens (SC) or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) with valid Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results from any year.
- International students studying in a Government School, Government-Aided School, or an Independent School in Singapore with valid 2018 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results.
You may refer to eligibility criteria for more information.
When is the Joint Admissions Exercise conducted?
The Joint Admissions Exercise is conducted in January after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results. Please refer to Important Dates for more information.
The JAE is conducted in 3 phases:
- Registration — candidates may apply for courses after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results.
- Posting — posting of applicants to JC/MI/Polytechnic/ITE courses.
- Posting Results Release — Candidates posted to JC/MI are to report to their posted institution on the next working day following the release of the posting results. For candidates posted to polytechnic, an enrolment package with enrolment details will be sent to them by end February. For candidates posted to ITE, an enrolment letter will be sent to them within 3 working days upon the release of JAE posting results.
How to apply for the Joint Admissions Exercise?
Applications for courses under the JAE should be submitted online through the JAE Internet System (JAE-IS).
Alternatively, applicants may register at the Ministry of Education, Customer Service Centre during the JAE Registration period. Applicants are required to bring along their original identity card, original Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination certificate(s) / result slip(s) and original CCA Certificate(s).
You may refer to the Registration Procedure on the details of the JAE application process.