Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Scheme: Eligibility and Usage

Who is eligible for a PSEA?

What can the PSEA funds be used for?

From May 08, a child can use his PSEA funds to pay for his own or his siblings' approved fees and charges for approved programmes conducted by the institutions indicated in the table below.

Approved Institutions Approved Programmes
Autonomous Universities
  • National University Of Singapore (NUS)
  • Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
  • Singapore Management University (SMU)
  • Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
SIM University (UniSIM) Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) Undergraduate programmes
  • Nanyang Polytechnic
  • Ngee Ann Polytechnic
  • Republic Polytechnic
  • Singapore Polytechnic
  • Temasek Polytechnic

Diploma and Poly-FSI degree programmes

Polytechnic Foundation Programme

Institute Of Technical Education (ITE) Nitec, Higher Nitec and ITE-FSI diploma programmes
LaSalle College of the Arts
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
MOE-funded diploma and degree programmes
Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) Continuing Education and Training (CET) Centres (31kb .xls)
(as at 30 Sep 2013)
Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) courses from July 2008 (include WSQ Statement of Attainments (SOAs) and full qualification programmes)
Government-supported Special Education (SPED) Schools Students’ own fees and charges in SPED Schools from Jul 2008

How do we apply to withdraw the PSE funds?

You can withdraw the PSE funds by establishing a Standing Order with MOE or by submitting ad hoc withdrawal applications as and when withdrawals are to be made. The form to use would depend on the approved institution you are in.

Establish a Standing Order with MOE

The Standing Order (SO) is a one-time application and the SO instructions will apply to all future withdrawals until the SO is terminated or replaced, regardless of which approved institution you attend.

Please download the PSE Standing Order form (154kb .doc)and submit the completed application form to your institution. We will inform you of the outcome of your application in writing.

Please download the PSE Standing Order Termination form (90kb .doc) if you wish to terminate the current SO instruction with MOE

Ad Hoc Withdrawal Application

The ad hoc withdrawal application is an application for a withdrawal for a specific purpose. You will have to submit the ad hoc withdrawal application forms for each specific withdrawal.

Please consult your respective institutions on which form is to be used. Please download the PSE Ad Hoc Withdrawal form (145kb .doc) and submit the completed application form to your respective institutions. Your institution will inform you of the outcome of your application.