SIA Youth Scholarship
Applications for the 2013 SIA Youth Scholarship are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
The SIA Youth Scholarship is tenable for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 1994 and 1996
- Completed Standard 10 in the Year 2012
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 85% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standard 10 State/National examinations)
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||1 June to 15 July 2012|
|Selection Test||End August to early September 2012|
|Selection Interview||End October to early November 2012|
|Award of Scholarship||Mid to late November 2012|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||Mid January 2013|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Test and Interview City
- Bangalore #
- Calcutta #
- Chennai #
- Mumbai #
# These test/interview centres may be used only if there are sufficient candidates. Applicants who chose Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai or Mumbai as your preferred test/interview city are to indicate alternative second choice test/interview city (to choose Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai or New Delhi).
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications have closed.
There are 2 modes of application — online or hardcopy application. Each applicant should submit only ONE application and the online mode is recommended. Please do not send in a hardcopy application if you have already applied for the scholarship online and vice versa.
Please follow the application steps:
Step 1 [choose 1 application mode — 1(a) or 1(b)]
1(a) Online application
Please submit your application via our online application system.
1(b) Hardcopy application
If unable to submit an online application, applicants may instead print and send in a hardcopy of the application form.
Step 2 [for all applicants]
All applicants are to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education. The documents should arrive before the closing date (15 July 2012):
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standard 9 final examinations and Standard 10 State/National Board examinations)
SIA Youth Scholarships / < Indicate online application number for online applicants>
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block
Original documents that are not in English must be translated to English. The translated documents must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send in any original documents as they will not be returned.
If you have applied online, please indicate your online application number on all supporting documents sent to us.