SIA Youth Scholarship
Applications for the 2014 SIA Youth Scholarship are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
If you encounter difficulties during your online application, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
The SIA Youth Scholarship is tenable for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 1995 and 1997
- Completed Standard 10 in the Year 2013
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 85% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standard 10 State/National examinations)
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||3 June to 14 July 2013|
|Selection Test||End August to early September 2013|
|Selection Interview||End October to early November 2013|
|Award of Scholarship||Mid to late November 2013|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||Mid January 2014|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Test and Interview City
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,400 with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications are now closed. Please follow the application steps:
Step 1 [choose 1 application mode — 1(a) or 1(b)]
1(a) Online application
Please submit your application via our online application system.
1(b) Hardcopy application
If unable to submit an online application, applicants may instead print and send in a hardcopy of the application form.
Step 2 [for all applicants]
All applicants are to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education. The documents should arrive before the closing date (14 July 2013):
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standard 9 final examinations and Standard 10 State/National Board examinations)
SIA Youth Scholarships / < Indicate online application number for online applicants>
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block
Original documents that are not in English must be translated to English. The translated documents must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send in any original documents as they will not be returned.
If you have applied online, please indicate your online application number on all supporting documents sent to us.