A*STAR India Youth Scholarship
Applications for the 2014 A*STAR Scholarship are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
If you encounter difficulties during your online application, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
The A*STAR India Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 1997 and 1999
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2013
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||3 June to 14 July 2013|
|Selection Test||End August to early September 2013|
|Selection Interview||End October to early November 2013|
|Award of Scholarship||Mid to late November 2013|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||Late December 2013|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Test and Interview City
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Application are now closed. Please follow the application steps:
Step 1 [choose 1 application mode — 1(a) or 1(b)]
1(a) Online application
Please submit your application via our online application system.
1(b) Hardcopy application
If unable to submit an online application, applicants may instead print and send in a copy of the application form.
Step 2 [for all applicants]
All applicants are to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education. The documents should arrive before the closing date (14 July 2013):
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standards 7 and 8 final examinations)
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship / < Indicate online application number for online applicants>
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block
Original documents that are not in English must be translated to English. The translated documents must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send in any original documents as they will not be returned.
If you have applied online, please indicate your online application number on all supporting documents sent to us.