ASEAN Scholarships for Lao P.D.R.
Applications for the AY2014 ASEAN Scholarships for Lao P.D.R are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
The ASEAN Scholarships for Lao P.D.R. is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE A) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students from Lao P.D.R. are welcome to apply for the ASEAN Scholarships for Lao P.D.R. to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary Three level. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships will be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Lao P.D.R.
- Born between 1997 to 1999
- Have completed at least Grade 10 of Upper Secondary
- Offered English as a subject in Grade 10
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||22 April to 21 June 2013|
|Selection Test and Interview||August 2013|
|Award of Scholarship||End September 2013|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||1 November 2013|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test / interview will be notified at least 1 week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applications have closed.
Test and Interview City
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in Vientiane.
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover