WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (Kindergarten Teaching) [Also known as Advanced Diploma in Kindergarten Education — Teaching (ADKET)]
The WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (Kindergarten Teaching) or WSQ PDECCE (KT) course has been specifically developed to equip trainees to be qualified kindergarten teachers and to work as teachers in kindergartens. It is an accelerated training programme to be completed in about one year.
WSQ PDECCE (KT) trainees must be employed as full-time teachers in MOE-registered kindergartens
Interested applicants should:
- Have either a 3-year local polytechnic diploma with at least a GCE ‘O’ level credit in English as a first language (EL1), or a university degree where the medium of instruction is English;
- First seek employment with an MOE-registered kindergarten as a full-time teacher; upon acceptance of full-time employment from the kindergarten, they will enrol for WSQ PDECCE (KT) through their kindergartens.
- Mid-career entrants must show evidence that they have been employed full-time for at least 2 years.
- Applicants who do not have a B4 in EL1 or a C5 in General Paper are required to attain a minimum band 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within 2 years of teacher registration.
- For more details on the PDECCE (KT) course, please visit Singapore Polytechnic’s WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (Kindergarten Teaching) website or access the information sheet on PDECCE (KT) here.
Applications for the Apr 2010 intake have closed. Information on the Oct 2010 intake will be uploaded in June 2010.
You may contact Singapore Polytechnic if you have any queries or clarification:
- Telephone : 6772 1882
Email Address : email@example.com