MOE Teaching Scholarship
The Ministry of Education Teaching Scholarships (MOE TS) is awarded for undergraduate studies tenable at both overseas and local universities. MOE TS scholars will be given opportunities to hold senior positions in teaching, leadership or senior specialist roles.
- Singapore citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents who take up Singapore citizenship before departure for studies
- Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
- Good CCA records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
Course of Study
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports
- Nutrition & Food Science
- Social Sciences
Places of Study
Scholars will pursue their undergraduate studies in a reputable university.
Value of Awards
- Sponsorship of tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
- Sponsorship for approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
- Sponsorship of Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) teacher preparation programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE), after completion of first degree
Length of Bond
Scholars who pursue their studies overseas in English speaking countries are required to serve a 6 year bond while scholars pursuing studies overseas in non-English speaking countries are required to serve a 5 year bond.
Scholars who pursue their studies locally are required to serve a 4 year bond.
Students who are interested in a PSC or MOE Teaching Scholarship should submit their applications online via the PSC Gateway from 1st September to 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ Level results. Students would only need to indicate the type of Service they wish to apply for (e.g. Teaching, Legal Service, Foreign Service, etc.) in the online application.